Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Smidgen of Progress

I finally worked on this project this weekend.  Not to get too excited as it was only a little amount.  I am currently taking a Casalguidi course at my local needlework shop, so I've been trying to finish my homework on that first.  Fortunately, it has been snowing here so I'm inside stitching.  My last Casalguidi class was supposed to be this past Thursday but it was too treacherous outside, so the class was postponed.  One good thing about all this snow - it really brightens up a room.  In fact, on Saturday morning when I started working on 'the pond', it was too bright.  I had to actually pull the shades down to block the sun a bit.

So, I've been working on this.  There is really nothing to take a picture of.  If I were to do that every time I update this blog, there would be hundreds of pictures with little progress.  I'll wait until it actually looks like I've accomplished something.  I do think though, that I've got a good groove going - knowing how much thread to cut, what order to do the stitches, and how exactly to manage all this fabric.

Until next post... bye bye.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings, Goddess of the 'Pond'...
    How many of those yummy colours have you used, to date?
    How many of those central border motifs have you completed?
    I will bet that it's a tough thing to handle such a big piece of fabric. I make smalls, most of the time, so that is something I know nothing about...

    ReplyDelete